Wednesday 2 July 2014

Vietnam Inspired Dipping Sauce


Okay not so recently, I bought a vietnamese spring roll skin. The instant ones because I thought of making them but time won't allow it. So today, alhamdulillah, I finally had the chance to do it.

last night, I searched for videos making them and their dipping sauce. One of them caught my eye because she uses coconut soda but I don't have em here. So I thought of making my own recipe. :) The Video

Ingredients:
4 cayenne peppers
2 red bird's eye chilli
6 cloves of garlic
2 cloves of red onion
4 tablespoon of water (you could also use coconut water. I wanted to use coconut water but I don't have it at the moment)
2 tablespoon of fish sauce
4-5 tablespoon of honey
a dash of lime/lemon (its totally up to you)

1) In a food processor, blend the cayenne peppers, bird's eye chilli, garlic, red onion, and 4 tablespoon of water. Blend it well.

2) In a bowl, pour the honey, fish sauce and the blended items. Lastly add a dash of lime juice.

3) That's all. Its super easy and delicious! :D Sweet, tangy and spicy.

4) You can eat it with vietnamese spring rolls, popiah or even the cucur ikan bilis !

If you're a college student and you don't have a blender then you could also chopped it finely :)

Goodluck! Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Chat Bubble