Tuesday 8 July 2014

Fried Popiah


Salam Ramadhan Mubarak everyone! I am so happy to share with all of you this recipe :D Well the reason why I came up with this recipe is because my mother told me that she's sending me to my grandmother's house for a day. What I love to do at her house is cooking! Obviously. HAHA.

Then I remembered back then when we were young (my sisters and I) my mother used to fry those scrumptious popiah that she bought from my grandmother's friend. My grandmother's friend made the best popiah ever. Until now I couldn't beat that. Plus, I remembered how my grandmother loved to eat popiah so I decided to make them instead.

Actually I wanted to learn how to make popiah skin using scratch but I'm afraid that I might failed just like the one I did when I tried to make murtabak skins. So I used instant ones instead.

So what you need is:
tofu
carrots (Sliced thinly)
celery (sliced thinly)
cabbage (chopped finely)
Red onion
prawn's flesh
white pepper
salt
instant popiah skin

1) Saute the red onion and prawns until well cooked. Add in salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.

2) Boiled the sliced carrots, cabbage and celery separately with a pinch of salt. When its cook/soft set it aside.

3) Deep fried the tofu until its golden brown and sliced it thinly.

4) Now assemble all the ingredients in one plate or different bowls in order so you could easily place all the ingredients on the popiah skin.

5) Place the popiah skin on a wet surface so it will stick on the board/plate and it will be very convenient for you to place all the ingredients starting from the tofu, carrots, cabbage, celery and lastly the prawn mix. Then wrap the popiah nicely and secure it using a beaten egg.

6) Heat the oil for 10-15 minutes and fry the popiah until golden brown.

7) Serve it with chilli sauce.

Mine is a bit soggy I'm sorry for that. 
 I'm sorry for delaying this post. I was supposed to update this post a few days ago but my friend was texting me and sooner after that I totally forgot to update because I was updating Diary Qina on Wattpad. I'm sorry. Bianhe.

BTW don't forget to put the popiah skin out of the freezer a few hours before using it because when its frozen, it's very fragile. Unless if you didn't put it in the freezer and put in the fridge instead then it will be okay. Just to make sure its at room temperature. :)

Have fun! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Chat Bubble