Wednesday 22 April 2015

Steamed Banana Cake


I know, I know it doesn't sound quite appetizing but trust me its like eating Steamed Kaya Oatmeal Bread at Paparich. Such an indulgence. <3 While typing this my mouth waters already* So trust me on this one. You won't regret trying.

So a few days ago I weigh myself and I was shocked to see the results. I'm too shy to say because I never expected to be that heavy. So I told my mum and myself that this time I'm gonna do it right. I wanna be strong. So I did a 3 months of eating oatmeal challenge nothing else but oatmeals unless if I want something else it would be bread. So my diet consist only of these two. However, there will be a cheat day if there is a celebration, etc but I must keep my proportion. I am training my tummy and myself to eat slowly and also in small portion. This way the tummy will feel relax and tends to be smaller.

Yesterday I went to Tesco and I saw this magazine. I have forgotten the name but it had this recipe of Steamed Banana Cake. As usual I will use that as an inspiration and create my own recipe. Using the same ingredients as their recipe but adding a few healthy items and minus a bit of unhealthy items. Remember, sugar is glucose and too much glucose is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

the recipe from the magazine

So here is my recipe after a long ramblings and babblings. Hehe.

Ingredients :
2 cups of flour (I used wheat flour)**
6 bananas
3/4 cups of cooking oil
4 eggs
a teaspoon of baking powder
a teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 cups of brown sugar
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup of dried coconut flakes (you can also use fresh)*.
3-4 tablespoons of oatmeal.
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence

Step 1 - In a blender beat the egg until fluffy or turns white. Then add in the sugar. Blend it until it turns pale/fluffy.

Step 2 - Add the banana, baking soda and oil. Blend.

Step 3 - Add in the vanilla essence, baking powder and salt.

Step 4 - Add in the flour. Blend it until it is well cooperated. By this time it will be a thick batter. 

Step 5- Pour the mixture into a large bowl using a spatula. Add in the coconut flakes and oatmeal. Use the folding method. 

Step 6 - It is totally up to you to use a cake pan or cupcakes cups. I used the cupcakes cups because I want it in a bit size pieces. Steam it for 45 minutes and never open the cover until the timer rings or else your cake will not rise. Trust me. I kept on opening the lid to check out the cake and it did not rise at all. :(


doesn't it looks so good despite the colour? I wonder how the magazine turn out so good looking haha perhaps they added orange colour?

p/s: don't forget to #DapurMekqa on instagram and let me know once you've tried the recipe :) 

** you can sift the flour if you want to but I didn't since I use the blender hahaha
*Coconut flakes is the dried shaved coconut flesh. In Malay it is known as kelapa while santan is coconut milk. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Chat Bubble