Friday 5 December 2014

You want Kimchi Jigae but without the Kimchi?



So recently I wanted so badly to have kimchi jigae at home but then I ran out of kimchi and I need a month's savings to buy my favourite brand of kimchi here in Malaysia. (trust me its expensive!) So I tried to figured out an alternative :) Turns out I can have spicy stew instead of kimchi jigae huh? Well I still miss my kimchi. Anyways to those who can't eat kimchi like my brother and my mother. Especially my brother. He loathes kimchi. Seriously. -__-

I'm sorry for putting my heart out above. So why don't we start off with the recipe? Shall we? :)

Serves : 1-3 person/s

Ingredients :

wet:
2 Tofu (hard ones)
1 cup of Fish balls
1 lady finger
1 stalk of celery
1 tomato (sliced)
1/2 cup of kuey teow (its like those thai glass noodles) :)

spices:
3 teaspoon of tom yam paste (but if you're using cube then one is enough)
1 teaspoon* of paprika / chili powder (those Indian chili powder - serbuk cili babas)
1/2 cube of chicken stock
2 teaspoons of black pepper
2 teaspoons of white pepper
a pinch of salt

additional ingredients :
2-3 birds eye chili (crushed)
2-3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
-just simple knock them using your knife

1) boiled the celery with the crushed birds eye chili and garlic. When the celery is half cooked, insert all of the wet ingredients except for tomato and kuey teow.

2) when its boiling, add in all of the spices. Stir.

3) Add in the kuey teow and the tomato. Stir. Once they kuey teow is soft enough served.

4) enjoy! :D

This is how mine looks like. Super yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heart Chat Bubble